Interviewing Rotimi R. Ademola coordinated by Harshit Satija
What challenge is VuePayaddressing?
VuePay’s mission is to liberalise the advert ecosystem by introducing transparency in the targeting of users of the platform by advertisers, putting power in the hands of the hands of the users and ultimately to reward the users themselves when ads are viewed.
What is the scale of this challenge?
Currently, users of social media and the internet in general are targeted by the big players in several ways with little control over what they see. It costs an average user time, and money in some instances, to block the ads that are appear on browsers and apps on mobile devices. VuePay’s vision is to the turn this around – put power in the hands of the users who have to consciously opt into adverts rather than what obtains today. And they get paid for doing so.
How does VuePayturn this challenge into an opportunity?
Every actor in the VuePay ecosystem stand to benefit. Advertisers who don’t necessarily spend more money to get onto the platform but can now directly target prospective customers of products and services. Consumers who sign up are provided seed tokens; can configure preferences their streamline ads that get delivered to them via notifications and then get rewarded to view the ads. It’s a win-win for all.
Can you showcase some team members/advisors which have a strong background?
The VuePay team here:
Does VuePayhave any strategic partnerships?
As a startup, we are currently speaking to several potential partners various areas. Talks are still in early stages. As we onboard these partners, details will be updated on our website.
Does VuePayhave a viable product at this time?
The VuePay product roadmap is also available on our website. Finer details of the product, service and platform will be published once our ICO is complete. At this stage, the concept is well documented in our whitepaper available on our website.
What are the key dates for VuePay?
- July 2017 – VuePay Idea Validation in multiple forums
- August 2017 – Pre-Sale announcement, white paper release, Token Contract finalized & tested
- October 2017 – Start of VuePay token sales
- November 2017 – End of VuePay token sales, VuePay token can now be traded on exchanges.
- December 2017 – VuePay contracts finalized & released
- January 2018 – VuePay portal & app build
- May 2018 – VuePay backend release with portal, ethereum network testing
- August 2018 – VuePay app is released.
What is the status or this product?
We are still in the conceptual phase at the moment. We have undertaken a thorough concept validation with experts in the industry. A prototype will delivered in short order, beginning at the completion of our crowdsale phase.
What are the key differnces between VuePay and BAT?
BAT is our competitor. We deliver smart predicted Ads directly as a notification to the consumers weeding out the need for publishers, full audit traceability and analytics is provided to the advertisers about Ad consumption, consumer is also rewarded directly as a portion of ad revenue share. The essence of VuePay is to deliver digital content with a magical user experience on mobile devices and through a browser.
What is the structure of the ICO? (Bonuses, Dates, Market Cap)
Token Name: VUP
Total Tokens: 1,000,000,000
Equity on offer: 40% (400,000,000)
Price: 2000 VUP = 1 ETH
Soft cap: 20,000 ETH
Hard Cap: 200,000 ETH
Pre-sale Dates: 06/10/2017 to 20/10/2017
ICO Dates: 21/10/2017 to 20/11/2017
-25% VUP tokens 25%
-Next 25% VUP tokens 12.5%
What are the requirements to participate in the ICO?
The requirements are being ironed out with out legal team and will become available shortly
What are the pros and cons for the token holders?
There are not obvious disbenefits for token holders. The VuePay contract include clauses toRohit: Vuepay Cofounder ensure investors are duly refunded under certain conditions such as not meeting our cap. The product vision, as earlier explained has been validated and has a huge a potential in the market – hence token holders can expect an uplift in their investments once the VUP lists on exchanges. Our fundamentals are strong to back up these points.
What is the price of the pre-ico and the price of the ico?
2000 VUP = 1 ETH. Details of the bonus offered during ICO and pre-sale as explained previously
How many tokens will be issued?
400,000,000 or 40% of equity is on offer
Could you kindly include the ICO funds use ?
Total token amount will be 1 Billion. The supply of VuePay (VUP) token can never increase this cutoff limit. The initial limit is set high to maintain the required liquidity in the exchanges for trading.
● 40 percent of these tokens will be available for sale during the ICO process. Any unsold tokens will be held, as company asset for any future fund raising requirements and the community will decide if ever they need to be released.
● 10 percent will be available for User Development Fund. This fund will be incorporated for building and acquiring the VuePay user base. Each user who downloads VuePay will be given 10 VUP tokens.
● 5 percent will be held in the company account to be effectively allocated to developers, managers, and business builders. These will be for the permanent employees of VuePay.
● 5 percent will be reserved for the Advisory team members.
● 5 percent for the Core Team.
● Cofounders will hold 35 percent of the tokens.
We thank Harshit Satija for the interview.